30 December 2012

Riley's 1st Birthday Party Mini Album


I made this mini album completely from scratch (yay me LOL). I used scraps of cardboard, cereal boxes etc. The paper range I've used is Kaisercraft 'Save The Date'. It is such a fun & bright collection - perfect for a party! I love the look of mis-matched albums, I find them more interactive & cool to look at LOL. It also allows you to get away with minimal embellishments, because essentially the pages are embellishments themselves :) The first thing I do when making a mini, is cut all my cardboard/chipboard to the sizes/shapes I want & work out order they will go in. I then go through & cover all the pages, before binding them. I purchased a Bind-It-All, solely for my love of mini albums. Then I went in with my photos, embellishments, washi tape, bling & pens to finish it off.
I love how it turned out. Such a great little memento from a great day. Below are some of the internal pages... 
 

 
 

Also, here is my YouTube video I did on this project :) 

 
Thanks for stopping by :)