12 January 2015

SBM Masters Entry 2014


So I wasn't successful this year again for Scrapbooking Masters :(
But that's ok - this year is going to be HUGE!!!!
Now the cat's outta the bag about who is, I can now share my entries...

SINGLE LAYOUT USING 5x7 PHOTO
‘Best Friends Are Like...’

This one actually got an honourable mention :)
AND there is SOOOOOO much Flutterby Designs goodness
thoughout the WHOLE magazine it is FANTASTIC to see!!!!

 
Large photos always challenge me!! With my scrappy style, I usually stick
to 6x4 or smaller. As I create a lot of my own unique backgrounds, I hate
having to cover up something great as soon as I’ve finished it. So I find
small photos still allow a lot of the background to be visiable. Making it
just as important as the photo. I made this photo prop for a recent scrap
retreat & the photos we took were priceless! I wanted to create a layout
bright & colourful - which represents exactly how we were feeling in this
photo. There’s just something about scrapbooking retreats, that’s just
simply just good for your soul. I’ve met so many wonderful people thru
them & to this day I get to call them friends. 
 

Close ups...

 Love this quote - it makes me giggle everytime I read it!!
 MATERIALS USED:
Paper; Crate Paper ‘Styleboard’, Heidi Swapp ‘Vintage Chic’, cardstock.
Embellishments; Gesso, Faber Castell Gelatos & Pitt Pens, Dylusions Ink,
Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Kaszazz stamp, Flutterby Designs flair buttons
& photo cuts, 2Crafty Chipboard, enamel dots, thread, India Ink, Tim Holtz
stapler, Stazon Ink & Dymo Labeller.


SINGLE LAYOUT USING UNCONVENTIONAL ELEMENT
‘Hello You’

I’ve had this paper in my stash for awhile & I really wanted to to give it a
purpose for something awesome. This one certainly challenged me.
I choose to use cut up baby wipes & use plasterers joint tape on my
layout as my ‘unconventional’ elements. The photos are of my 2yr old
running wild in our backyard & wanted to capture the movement in the
photos within my layout. By using different stroke directions, the texture
of the plasterer’s tape & baby wipes, the thread & the paint splats - I think
I capture just that.

 Close ups...



 MATERIALS USED:
Paper; Basic Grey ‘Out of Print’.
Embellishments; Gesso, Faber Castell Gelatos, Gel medium, Dylusions Ink,
Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Prima stitch stamps, Flutterby Designs -
Wood Bits, Flair Buttons & Photo Tabs, Baby Wipes, Plasterer’s Joint Tape,
Posca Paint pens, Watercolours, American Craft - Thickers, thread,
Stazon Ink & Tim Holtz Stencil.


SINGLE LAYOUT USING JOURNALLING AS FOCUS
‘To Live A Creative Life...’

I am seriously in love with brush script at the moment!! This quote is
very relatable & true to me. We over think everything these days, so who
says experimenting creatively with our art has to be perfect or right - but
exactly how we see it. With a competition like this, we are critiquing our
entry before we’ve even finished it, with the fear of what others will think.

I’ve used my favourite things at the moment on this layout:
Gelatos, Dylusions & Color Shine. I love how vibrant they all work together.
While the journalling is the main focus, the veneer frame highlights the
photo & draws you’re eye back over to it. I find that creating my own
unique backgrounds, is fulfilling & I can really make it ‘my own’.

Close Ups...
 MATERIALS USED:
Paper; 7 Dots Studio ‘Dreamer’.
Embellishments; Gesso, Faber Castell Gelatos & Big Brush Markers,
Dylusions Ink, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Denim Tampons stamps, Kaszazz
stamp, Flutterby Designs - Wood Bits, sewing machine, India Ink, paper
scraps, enamel dots, thread, hole reinforcer stickers, washi tape & Stazon Ink.


ART JOURNAL COVER
‘Create Today’ 


This task is what convienced me to have another crack at Masters this year.
I love art journalling - I find it relaxes me when I can’t find the time to scrap.
I decided to make my own journal from stuff I had lying around my craft room.
I LOVE how it turned out!! It completely suits my style - random & full of character.
The cover had to be teal (it’s my fav) & I wanted to keep the cover arty, but not
over embellished. Bulky items on an art journal cover are not practical when
using it.

I’ve used a Flutterby Designs ‘create’ Flair Button, which has a mixed media feel
to it & Wood Bits ‘ Today’ & Confetti Circles. These embellishments are still quite
flat & aren’t an issue when creating. I’ve also done a few pages in it too...

Close ups...


 MATERIALS USED FOR ART JOURNAL:
Paper; Teresa Collins ‘Memorabilia’, Kaisercraft ‘Base Coat’, Crate Paper ‘Styleboard’,
Amy Tangerine ‘Plus One’, Echo Park ‘Times & Seasons’, watercolour paper, vintage
music sheet, velum, paper bag, calico, Project Life lined & grid 6x4 cards, American
Crafts Cardstock.
Embellishments; Black duct tape, sewing machine.

Cover; Vintage lace, Gesso, Liquidtex paint, Dylusions Ink, Faber Castell Gelatos,
Gel Medium, Tim Holtz Stencil, Flutterby Designs Wood Bits & Flair Button,
enamel dots, thread, Kaisercraft small alphas & Glossy Accents.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Flutterby Designs!

    Popping in to wish you a big good luck with 2015 and in achieving all the goals you wish to.
    The scrapbook is an absolute delight to look at, the design is something I have not seen before and it really stands out to me as something unique.

    I appreciate you sharing this with us and hope to see more of it in the future!

    With warmest regards,
    Jesper K
    DYMOSupport

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts - so leave some love HERE :)