19 March 2016

'Day of The Dead' Art Journal Page for Colour Blast

Hi there - Anita back again...
I've been enjoying my art journal lately.
With 2 small kids & running a business from home, my creative time often is limited & it's easy to grab, my art journal, Colour Blast products & get messy!!.

'DAY OF THE DEAD'
 
First off I started with some 'Stormy Weather' paste
& spread over a template. I waited until it was
dried completely, before sticking on my skull
image with gel medium.
 

I put a variety different coloured of pastes out onto
my craft mat (just a small amount) & worked in a
little water. Using a small paint brush, I applied colour
onto the detail onto the skull. Once I had finished
colouring the details, I used the remainder of pastes
to 'flick' onto my page to create paint splatters.
Once it had all dried, I went back
over with a black pen to make the lines 'pop' again.



I love how textured this page turned out! 
 

You can find all the Colour Blast products HERE